The final vote count for the Pune Loksabha election is now available. Sitting MP, Suresh Kalmadi of the Congress has managed to retain the Pune seat by a margin of about 25000 votes.
- Kalmadi Suresh (Winner) INC 279897 votes
- Anil Shirole BJP 254150 votes
- Shirole Ranjeet Shrikant MNS 75885 votes
- D S K Alias D.s.kulkarni BSP 62963 votes
- Arun Bhatia PG 30329 votes
- While Ranjeet Shirole was expected to poll a significant number of votes, 75000+ votes for the MNS shows that in just a few years the MNS has become a force to reckon with in Maharashtra.
- I was expecting DSK and Arun Bhatia to poll more votes than they actually did.
- Bhatia had over 60000 votes in 2004, so his votes have halved this time, which is quite surprising.
- BSP had got just 9000 votes in 2004, so although the 63000 for DSK is a big gain over 2004, I had though he would get more than that number.
- As expected, the vote count and percentage for the Congress and BJP have dropped as compared to 2004. This is primarily because there was more choice available this time round.
- The win margin is also much lower than 2004.
Most analysts have attributed the MNS for the Shiv Sena-BJP fall in Maharashtra. If we presume that even 70% of MNS votes in Pune were formerly ShivSena-BJP votes, I guess Anil Shirole can attribute his defeat to the MNS.
However the fact of the matter is that all these votes and percentages no longer matter. Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander, so it’s five more years of Suresh Kalmadi and the Congress for Pune. One wishes the best for the MP and hopes that he brings growth, development and an improvement in the standard of living of Puneites.
This was the first national election that I closely followed and blogged about. I hope my readers found my election posts useful. I sure enjoyed writing them.
Election Results – Votes Table – Pune, Maharashtra: Election Results
Total Votes – 734370
|D S K Alias D.s.kulkarni||BSP||62963||4|
|Gulab Tatya Waghmode||BBM||2353|
|Bagban Javed Kasim||IUML||606|
|Vikramaditya Omprakash Dhiman||RSPS||451|
|Vinod Anand Sinh||PTSS||804|
|Shirole Ranjeet Shrikant||MNS||75885||3|
|Sangharsh Arun Apte||PRCP||805|
|Ajay Vasant Paithankar||IND||259|
|Adagale Bhausaheb Ramchandra||IND||315|
|Ashok Ganpat Palkhe Alias Sutar||IND||341|
|Kamtam Iswar Sambhayya||IND||1160|
|Kulkarni Kaustubh Shashikant||IND||1037|
|Khan Amanulla Mohmod Al||IND||1556|
|Khan Nissar Taj Ahmad||IND||447|
|P. K. Chavan||IND||271|
|Choudhari Sunil Gulabrao||IND||290|
|Choure Vilas Chintaman||IND||350|
|Tatya Alias Narayan Shankar Wambhire||IND||609|
|Tamboli Shabbir Sajjanbhai||IND||295|
|Dattatraya Ganesh Talgeri||IND||379|
|Bagade Sachin Maruti||IND||456|
|Balu Alias Anil Shirole||IND||1150|
|Bharat Manohar Gavali||IND||265|
|Bhagwat Raghunath Kamble||IND||349|
|Rajendra Bhagat Alias Jitu Bhai||IND||453|
|Vikram Narendra Boke||IND||1136|
|Shinde Rajendra Baburao||IND||449|
|Shaikh Altaf Karim||IND||327|
|Shrikant Madhusudan Jagtap||IND||149|
|Sardesai Kishorkumar Raghunath||IND||328|
|Adv.subhash Narhar Godse||IND||247|
|Santosh Alias Somnath Kalu Pawar||IND||376|